The mission of Atheists, Humanists, & Agnostics @ UW-Madison shall be to promote the discussion of faith and religion on the UW-Madison campus. Through our services and programs AHA seeks to educate students on issues important to the secular community, encourage the personal development of one’s religious identity, and provide a support group for those who may be struggling with issues regarding their faith or lack thereof.
The activities of AHA include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing a Secular Peer Support system for the secular student community and for those who may be struggling with issues regarding their faith or lack thereof.
- To raise public awareness and educate the campus community about secular issues with the intentional of generating societal, social, and institutional change through the Secular Issue Awareness campaign.
- Sponsoring educational events, inviting engaging speakers, and fostering constructive student dialogue on topics relating to religion through the Freethought Speaker Series and Freethought Festival.
- Collaborating with fellow religious student organizations on campus to foster a greater degree of mutual understanding between atheists and people of faith.
- Participating in volunteering and service projects in order to do our part to make the UW campus and the world a better place.